Instructions - Swap 1
1. Measure enough fabric to cover your bottle cap so you have a hat with a brim. Mark fabric and cut into a circle.
2. Add glue to the top of you cap and place it upside down in the centre of your fabric circle.
3. Squeeze more glue around the cap and gather the fabric up the sides of the cap with little pleats. *If using craft glue add a rubber band around the cap to hold the fabric on till the glue dries- set aside. If using a Hot Glue Gun move straight on to the next step.
4. Turn you cap over and flatten out the brim on a table or flat surface.
5. Add a few dots or ribbon around the cap and place of your ribbon, finish with a bow or little decorations.
Instructions - Swap 2
1. The felt is the blanket so roll it up.
2. Use the string to tie it together. Try to do a packers knot. Leave a little handle.
Girls identify the part of the Guide law that they already demonstrate and choose a law that they find challenging. They write down the law and the positive qualities that they think the law requires on a small slip of paper. Then the girls take the piece of paper and roll it into their swag. They can carry the bed roll around all week, Pin it to their hat (close to their brain) or on their shirt (close to their head) to remind them of their challenge.
Add a little laminated label to the swag with an email address or a message like ‘I met Possum at the Jamboree’