Obtain practical experience to go towards your NSW boat licence.
Experienced drivers from RTS Tingira are offering a practical powerboat experience day at RTS Tingira for members and non-members who are interested in obtaining a NSW General Boat Licence. (Practical experience on Personal Watercraft PWC is not included)
51 Dorking Rd
Senior Guides 14+
Please note there are only 10 spots available so do not hesitate to register!
Saturday 8am - 4:30pm
Please note this does not include catering, please bring you own snacks and lunch.
Tea and coffee will be available.
This Course Includes:
- Basic practical knowledge of use and care of outboard motors and small powerboats.
- Opportunities to undertake at least 3 trips with an experienced powerboat driver.
- On demonstrating satisfactory competence at the end of the day, logbooks “trips” will be signed off by experienced skippers.
- Once the trips portion of the logbook has been signed off, participants may then organise to apply for their Powerboat Licence through the RMS (Note: RMS fees apply)
Before attending, participants will need to:
Visit the RMS website at www.rms.nsw.au.maritime/licence
to learn how to obtain a NSW Powerboat Licence.
• Read and study the Boating Handbook
, also available at RMS offices.
Download and read a Boating Licence Practical Logbook
and bring it to the course
Complete the Practice Boating Knowledge Test
on the RMS website.
- If you are having trouble registering please refer to How to Register
or How to Register a Non-Member
Registrations open -
Monday 11 May
Registrations close -
Monday 6 July
Registration & Refund Policy Courses:
You must be a current Member of Girl Guides NSW, ACT & NT in good financial standing to attend. Please make sure your membership is current before registering and have your membership number available to sign up online.
5pm Monday 6 July, unless course is filled prior to this date.
Once you have registered you will receive more information regarding the training via email
No name changes, refunds or transfers after Monday 6 July.
All refund requests must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
and will only be processed under extenuating circumstances.
In some cases, a transfer to the next available equivalent course in the calendar year may be considered. To request a transfer after the registration close date please email email@example.com
Contact the Member and Supporter Engagement Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call the Girl Guides Office on 02 8396 5200, Mon-Fri 9am-5pm.