The purpose of the Becoming a Manager course is to give the new District Manager the skills and knowledge to manage the information, finances and property of the District according to Girl Guides Australia and State Girl Guide Organisation requirements.
18 - 19 July
Warners Bay Girl Guide Hall
2 Lamington Drive
Mount Hutton NSW 2290
8:30am - 9pm
8:30am - 3:30pm
All meals & Saturday night accommodation included.
Friday night accommodation is available for an additional $10 and can be selected upon registration.
This Course Covers:
- The skills and knowledge required to build, lead and manage an effective team.
- An introduction to what is needed to build for the future will be discussed and ideas shared but the immediate focus is to ensure the ‘basics’ are operating well in the District.
- For those changing roles from Unit leader to District Manager it is a one-day course (Saturday) but for those new to guiding attendance on the second day is required for Being Safe, Promise and Law, Finances and Being a Leader.
- Development of skills to maintain harmony in the group and to minimise conflict.
- Leading Volunteers is required to be completed before Qualification.
If you are having trouble registering please refer to How to Register
Registrations open -
Monday 25 May
Registrations close -
Monday 29 June
Registration & Refund Policy Courses:
You must be a current Member of Girl Guides NSW & ACT in good financial standing to attend. Please make sure your membership is current before registering and have your membership number available to sign up online.
5pm Monday 29 June. Unless course is filled prior to this date.
Once you have registered you will receive more information regarding the training via email
No name changes, refunds or transfers after Monday 29 June.
All refund requests must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
and will only be processed under extenuating circumstances.
In some cases, a transfer to the next available equivalent course in the calendar year may be considered. To request a transfer after the registration close date please email email@example.com
Contact the Member and Supporter Engagement Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call the Girl Guides Office on 02 8396 5200, Mon-Fri 9am-5pm.